Monday, April 18, 2016

Twists, Stars and Gallery Shows

This post is really for the last 2 weeks because we have been so busy!  Join the club, I know!

First, I want to share an activity I do with my classes when we begin a painting artwork.  I call it Painting with a Twist, despite not having the real "Adult Beverage Twist" like most of these events, ours is "Painting with a Twist" as in, follow the teacher and let's learn some vocab and processes.

I always pick a scene that has a distinct background, middle ground and foreground so that I can teach that feature of the painting process.  Always start big and in the back, then work your way foreword to the foreground.  I also wanted a scene that would help with creating a skin color since that is probably one of the most difficult colors to make!  Here is the picture I chose, I paint it in my sketchbook to model for the students as well as to have for my own notes.


I always do this!  I find a picture or a video on Facebook and think "Oooh!  I need to remember this!"  Well, this time, I did remember!  I had re-posted a video of an art teacher making these stars out of paper bags and I HAD to try it!  All I had on hand were brown lunch bags, but they still worked!  I want to make eight total, 2 each of red, yellow, blue and green and then hang them above the color-coordinated tables.  So easy for clean up and getting materials when tables are color-coded.




I am ALL about my Art Rage on my student computers!  I ordered tablets to go along with the program and can't wait to get the kids on creating some Deviant ART of our own!  I made this playing around with the Art Rage app on my phone.  Only $2 and hours of fun!



One of our teacher has a girl scout group and they were needing to participate in a Clay Art activity.  So of course, I opened up my studio and helped them make some pinch pots, birds and little bird baths.  We got glass beads to melt with the bisque fire so it looks like water in the bird bath!  I can't wait to see how they turn out.  I took a picture of my daughter joining in on the fun.



I also got the opportunity to help hang artwork for the 2016 Calendar Art Competition for FCPS.  It's down at the Lyric theatre and I think the show is next Tuesday night.  Good luck to all!





Last but not least, the weather has finally taken a turn for the better.  Knock on wood, it stays this way!  It has been beautiful!!  Get outside and enjoy!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...